Monday, December 30, 2013

Compromising Positions by Susan Isaacs

I've read one other book by Susan Isaacs and it made it to my favorite list for the year I read it. I've been scooping up her books as I've come across them since and so I had Compromising Positions on hand when I needed a Romantic Suspense book for my Eclectic Reader Challenge.

Judith is a housewife living her plain life when her periodontist gets murdered. Her neighbor and friend is one of the suspects, which inspires her to begin her own investigation. It's a pretty ridiculous story really, as the police begin consulting her and giving her assignments. And she starts a relationship with the detective even though she's married with 2 kids.

About halfway through the book I figured out this book was written a long time ago. The phones have cords, people smoke all the time, someone said something like "women can be lawyers too," and the sexy detective was wearing a sexy, gold turtleneck. After checking the copyright page I confirmed my suspicion: it was first published in 1978 and my copy was republished in 2007. Tricksters!

I probably wouldn't recommend this even if you're just looking for a fluff book. I won't be reading the next in the series.

No comments: